tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Using calendar .ics files over Tomcat 5.5
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 19:58:26 GMT
I forgot to add :
Since previously the application was running on a Win2K server, it may be that this Win2K

server just "shared" (windows-like) the directory where the .ics files were located, and
this being in a local LAN, that the client were just writing the files there via a Windows

network file mechanism (and nothing to do with HTTP thus).
That sounds quite unsafe and limited, but in a small intranet may be acceptable.
If such was the case (and again the client setup should contain a hint), then maybe all
that's missing is to "share" the new directory under Tomcat where you put the files.
Tomcat won't be involved in the writing part, so it should not stand in the way, at least

as long as when a client writes there, the permissions don't prevent Tomcat from reading
the files (for the "download" part).

Don't take this as a recommendation of how to do it.