tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Using calendar .ics files over Tomcat 5.5
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 10:23:40 GMT
On 15/09/2011 02:08, Dean Hoover wrote:
> We're using Lightning (add-on from Thunderbird email client).  The error we
> get is MODIFICATION_FAILED, which from some review points to permissions to
> the .ics file.
>
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Pid <pid@pidster.com> wrote:
>
>> On 14/09/2011 18:14, Dean Hoover wrote:
>>> The problem I am having is that we are unable to modify (add/remove
>> calendar
>>> entries) after the move.
>>
>> How are you trying to update them?

So you are trying to execute a write operation on the file over HTTP?
It is not possible to simply write to files published on web servers
over HTTP, as if they are on an accessible file system.

Is there an access log configured, and if so, what are the log lines
that show access attempts to those files?