tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Redirect Issue - Extra "/" after hostname - Help Please
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 15:20:19 GMT
Shanti Suresh wrote:
> Hi Andre,
>
> Thanks so much for the observation.  Yes, The Redirect is redundant.  I will leave it
in there for now though as this is not a recent change.  I would like to isolate what's causing
"//".

Understood. But what I am wondering about, is if this redundant (and syntactically
incorrect) Redirect may play a role in your problem.  It's mere presence triggers the fact

that Apache will "pass the request for inspection" to the mod_alias module, which may (or

may not) start processing the request and modify some internal structure linked to it,
thus causing (perhaps) some inconsistency which causes the later issue.

A weak suspicion I admit, but maybe worth commenting-out this anyway-redundant Redirect
and checking ?