tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Redirect Issue - Extra "/" after hostname - Help Please
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 06:58:53 GMT
Shanti Suresh wrote:
> All,
>
> We are running into a peculiar issue.   We have Tomcat 6.0.24
> front-ended by Apache2.2.3.  We have a VirtuslHost serving port 80 where
> Apache simply hands off "/" to Tomcat's load-balancer.
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>   ServerName wwwprod.lsa.umich.edu
>   ServerAlias wwwprod www www.lsa.umich.edu
>   Redirect         / balancer://dsmdelivery/
>   ProxyPass        / balancer://dsmdelivery/
>   ProxyPassReverse / balancer://dsmdelivery/
>   TraceEnable Off
> </VirtualHost>

Why do you have a "Redirect" AND a "ProxyPass" above ?
At least the Redirect doesn't make sense to me here.
As written, it is also probably wrong :
 From http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_alias.html#redirect :
"The new URL should be an absolute URL beginning with a scheme and hostname, but a
URL-path beginning with a slash may also be used, in which case the scheme and hostname of

the current server will be added."