tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: tomcat manager not working
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 06:53:52 GMT
I don't want to confuse things even more, but the OP in his configuration has :

and

       <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
             unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

       </Host>

and

   <Host name="www.maxyexpress.co.uk" appBase="webapps">
              <Context path="" docBase="d:\wwwroot\maxyexpress.co.uk\wwwroot" />
			 <Alias>maxyexpress.co.uk</Alias>
         </Host>

so that makes 2 Virtual Hosts with the same appBase, and a non-recommended <Context>
in
the server.xml file.

Mark Eggers wrote:
> [...]

of current Tomcat good practices, the above will actually work?

> It just looks a bit unpleasant.
>
>>>  I suggest following the Wiki entry above and setting your
>>>  virtual host up as follows:
>>>  <Host name="www.maxyexpress.co.uk"
>>>       appBase="D:/wwwroot/maxyexpress.co.uk/wwwroot"
>>>       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
>>>       xmlValidation="false"
>> xmlNamespaceAware="false">
>>>     <Alias>maxyexpress.co.uk</Alias>
>>>  </Host>
>> The above appBase setting should probably be
>> "D:/wwwroot/maxyexpress.co.uk", coupled with naming the default
>> webapp's .war file or directory ROOT (case sensitive) rather than wwwroot,
>> located under the appBase directory.  Much more along the lines of current
>> Tomcat good practice.
>>

> Agreed. I was just trying to create minimal amount of change.
>
>>>  the slashes are / not \ (even on Windows).
>> That part shouldn't matter, but forward slashes certainly avoid confusion
>> with regular expression escapes that might appear elsewhere in .xml files.
>>

> Again, I should have booted into Windows and played a bit. Thanks for the clarification.
>
> So if the above virtual host is legal (if not "clean"), and the rest of his server.xml
file looks OK, what in the world is going on?