tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jordan Michaels <jor...@viviotech.net>
Subject Re: tomcat manager not working
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 20:49:42 GMT
Don't use context at all in there. Your localhost entry should be:

       <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
             unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
       </Host>

.. and that's it. Unless you deliberately want your default site to be
the same as your IIS default site.

Restart the tomcat service after you update the server.xml with the
default loclahost entry, then hit your server at
localhost:8888/index.jsp to get the default tomcat home page. You will
be able to reach the rest of the tomcat apps from there.

Warm regards,
Jordan Michaels