tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jordan Michaels <jor...@viviotech.net>
Subject Re: tomcat manager not working
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 20:06:10 GMT
 > I have already tried the Railo forums and been told to come here as it
 > is a problem with Tomcat and not Railo.

What? Link it, or it didn't happen.

Check your localhost mapping in the Tomcat server.xml file. Make sure
it's pointing to the Tomcat webapps/ROOT/ folder. Some earlier Railo
builds update the default to point to the IIS root. The idea was to not
confuse the IIS folks because their IIS webroot didn't match their
Tomcat webroot, but that practice ended up causing just as much
confusion as it solved - like in your case.

Make sure the "localhost" server.xml mapping points to the tomcat
webapps/ROOT/ directory and you should be set to use the Tomcat webapps.

Warm regards,
Jordan Michaels

On 09/08/2011 12:57 PM, Russ Michaels wrote:
> I have already tried the Railo forums and been told to come here as it
> is a problem with Tomcat and not Railo.
> I think the only difference is the install path, it is put in
> c:\railo\tomcat rather than c:\tomcat, so lets just work on that
> assumption, i'm sure i'll find out pretty quick if that is not the
> case.
>
> On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 8:31 PM,<markt@apache.org>  wrote:
>> Russ Michaels<russ@michaels.me.uk>  wrote:

>>> I use the railo installer so we have a standard configuration and setup
>>> across all server that is officially supported.
>>
>> Time to make use of that official support then as we have no idea what changes Railo
may have made to the standard Tomcat distribution from the ASF.