tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sonwabo Jordan" <882219...@ukzn.ac.za>
Subject RE: Class not found exception
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 14:36:07 GMT
Unfortunately, the war file that I initially uploaded is not something I wrote myself: actually
one of the open source project management solutions called project.net. Maybe, to follow your
advice, I must try using Tomcat 6 and see what happens. Thanks.

>>> Talha Fazal <tfazal@credera.com> 2011/09/08 04:29 PM >>>
I ran into a similar issue. My mistake was that I was compiling the JSPs using Tomcat 6 compiler
and deploying it into Tomcat 7. Once I modified my ant build file to use jasper from my Tomcat
7 installation, and redeployed, it resolved the issue.

Talha.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sonwabo Jordan [mailto:882219688@ukzn.ac.za]
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 8:57 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Class not found exception

Good dayI am new to Tomcat (using ver 7.0 on windows XP) and have deployed a war file which
loads successfully using the Tomcat manger gui. However, when I try to run it I get the ff
exception:java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.AnnotationProcessor org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1678)
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1523) java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native
Method) java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Class.java:2291) java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields(Class.java:1743)
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472) org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100)
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:929) org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:405)
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:279) org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:515)
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:302) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)Really
have no clue what the exception is pointing to.ThanksSonwabo
Please find our Email Disclaimer here: http://www.ukzn.ac.za/disclaimer/