tomcat-users mailing list archives

From charlesk40 <>
Subject Tomcat 7 sometime returns wrong IP address with request.getRemoteAddr()
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 01:39:19 GMT

We have just upgraded the Tomcat from 6 to 7.

After the upgrade, we have noticed some IP address returned from
request.getRemoteAddr() is not the as expected.

In more detail, we have list of client boxes making a request.
Lets say, box1, box2,.. box n.

box1 makes a request to Tomcat7 server but the request.getRemoteAddr()
returns the IP address of box2 (or box n).  This problem doesn't happen all
the time which making it more difficult to debug.

I've searched the tomcat-users and bugzilla for any possible known issues
but couldn't find it.

I would appreciate any pointers on why this might be happening.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message