tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "verlag.preisser@t-online.de" <verlag.preis...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7.0.21: BufferOverflowException in AjpAprProcessor.output()
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 17:02:06 GMT
Hi Christopher,

thanks for your reply.

I would like to add that the Exceptions seems to have occured when the client aborted the
connection, because at the same time of the exception, in the ISAPI log was the following:

[Wed Sep 14 13:55:20.645 2011] [736:7288] [error] iis_write::jk_isapi_plugin.c (1337): Vector
write of chunk encoded response failed with 995 (0x000003e3)

However it's still a bit strange, and I didn't see this Exception in previous versions of
Tomcat, when a 995 error appeared in the ISAPI log.

-----Original-Nachricht-----
> Von: Christopher Schultz <chris@christopherschultz.net>
> An: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
> Betreff: Re: Tomcat 7.0.21: BufferOverflowException in
> AjpAprProcessor.output()
> Datum: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 23:57:45 +0200

> Are you using unusually large requests, possibly including chains of
> client certs?

If you mean SSL certificates: I don't have any SSL certificate / HTTPS connection on Tomcat.
I just use a normal AJP-APR connector and clients connect to IIS through HTTP.
Sometimes I send large requests, but I wouldn't expect such an Exception to occur.

> If you have a lot of info that needs to be forwarded from the proxy to
> Tomcat, you can exceed the max packet size of the connector, and it's
> possible you could get this exception (instead of a nicer error
> message). The default is 8k, so if you have large amounts of requests
> data, you could be overflowing this packet size.
>
> Have you set "packetSize" on your <Connector>? Have you set
> max_packet_size on any of your workers? If so, the
> worker.max_packet_size and <Connector packetSize="..."> must agree.

I don't have set any of these attributes; I just use the default settings (besides the port).
My <Connector> element is this:
    <Connector port="8019"
    protocol="AJP/1.3"
    redirectPort="8743"
    URIEncoding="UTF-8" />

My workers.properties from the ISAPI redirector contains this:

  # Define 1 real worker using ajp13
  worker.list=worker1
  # Set properties for worker1 (ajp13)
  worker.worker1.type=ajp13