tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Strauß <t.stra...@srs-management.de>
Subject Re: Users and authentication - how?
Date Sun, 18 Sep 2011 15:29:25 GMT
check the j2ee specs on the declaration in web.xml and j_securitycheck form based login servlet
for use of jaas in your webapp with the tomcat realm as source of authentication data.

best regards,
thomas

--
Thomas Strauß
SRS-Management GmbH

Am 18.09.2011 um 17:17 schrieb "Dola Woolfe" <dolachin@yahoo.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm missing something very basic. I will develop a web application with users and authentication.
>
> Surely, there exists a relatively generic approach to this that includes a backend database,
new user form and authentication rules! But I can't find. Can someone direct me as to where
to start my research?