tomcat-users mailing list archives

From mike.wat...@comcast.net
Subject 6.0.33 catalina.properties - loaders not expanding system properties
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 19:03:37 GMT
I am using: Tomcat 6.0.33

In the catalina.properties file I have the following:
shared.loader=/path/to/a/directory,${tomcat.additional.classpath}

My issue is that "/path/to/a/directory" is added to the classpath, but the contents of ${tomcat.additional.classpath}
are not.

'ps -eaf' does show -Dtomcat.additional.classpath=/path/to/another/directory, so I know the
system property is being set correctly.

Also, if I hard code shared.loader=/path/to/a/directory,/path/to/another/directory, this also
works fine (note: This is not really an option-this additional-classpath stuff is added by
our deployment automation for push-button deploys).

This problem exists with common.loader & server.loader too.

This problem does not exist in 5.5.33.

Does anyone know why ${tomcat.additional.classpath} would not be expanded? Is there something
special I need to enable under 6.0.33 to allow the classpath to be modified by a system property?

Thanks for any help people can provide.