tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tony Anecito <adanec...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Performance for many small requests
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 16:09:37 GMT
Two things to think about in addition to the recommendation Chuck mentioned.

1. For small requests having a large new generation in the heap helps. This helps with the
short term objects in the heap to get collected.

2. Lots of small disk IO may slow you down also. Remember http is synchronous and has to wait
for disk IO unless it is spawned off to an independent thread.

Hope this helps.
-Tony