tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Preißer <verlag.preis...@t-online.de>
Subject RE: Tomcat 7.0.21: BufferOverflowException in AjpAprProcessor.output()
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 15:19:36 GMT
Hi Chris,

Yes, it seems that the error only occurred when the client aborted the connection.

> I can't think of what the problem may be, but it sounds like either
> some rare edge case or a regression. There has been a lot of work on
> merging code between all the various connectors wherever possible, and
> maybe some particular case wasn't merged properly.
>
> Would you be able to test with either/or the NIO or BIO AJP
> connector(s) and see if the same behavior occurs? Do you have a way to
> force the exception to occur? I wonder if it could be scripted.

Unfortunately, the time when I wrote my initial mail was the only time I ever saw that Exception.
I also can't reproduce it any more (I can force the connection to be terminated with 995 error
in the ISAPI log on the server side, but I can't get Tomcat to throw the exception again).
:(
I might try it with the other connectors (nio/bio), but I'm not sure when I have time for
it.

But thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,

Konstantin Preißer