tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Preißer <verlag.preis...@t-online.de>
Subject RE: Servlet 3.0 File Upload
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 15:51:24 GMT
Hi,

Doesn't that mean that the user has to enter the filename by himself?

What I usually do to get the filename is:

Part uploadPart = request.getPart("uploadfield"); // get the Part
String contDispoHeader = uploadPart.getHeader("Content-Disposition"); // get Content-Disposition
header
String uploadFilename = null;
if (contDispoHeader != null) {
	try {
		uploadFilename = new ContentDisposition(contDispoHeader).getParameter("filename");
	} catch (ParseException e) { }
}

Note that "ContentDisposition" class is from JavaMail package (javax.mail.internet.ContentDisposition).
Browser usually send filenames in the "filename" parameter of a Content-Disposition header.

Regards,

Konstantin Preißer