tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Beryle Simmons <Beryle.Simm...@RaymondJames.com>
Subject Make Errors for JK-1.2.32 solaris/sparc
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 12:28:50 GMT
I normally use the solaris/sparc binary for mod_jk, but I see they aren't available for download
with the latest version.  I'm trying to compile JK-1.2.32 with solaris 10/sparc, but I'm receiving
errors, below is some information:

OS:  Solaris 10 Generic_144488-17
H/W: sparc SunFire V440
Apache version:  2.2.19
Tomcat version:  5.5.33
Java version:  1.5.0_30-b03

The configure script runs ok.  When I ran make for the first time, I received the below error:

Usr/ccs/bin/ld:  illegal option  -- rpath

This seemed to be related to a mistake in the .../native/apache-2.0 Makefile.  I removed the
word "path" from the -r option and was able to get past that error.  Now I get almost through
the build and get the below:

/usr/local/apache2/build/libtool -silent -mode=install cp mod_jk.la  /export/home/xxxx/tomcat-connectors-1.2.32-src/native/apache-2.0/
Cp:   cannot access ..libs/mod_jk.lai
Make[1]:  *** [mod_jk.so] Error 2

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!