tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bijesh Vijayan <bije...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: nested context issue in tomcat 7
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 17:23:15 GMT
Thanks Charles,

> What is the appBase setting for the <Host> named localhost?
/home/bijesh/webapps

>> file name = CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/localhost/Employee.xml
>>                                <Context path="/Employee"
>>                                         docBase="./Employee"
>>                                         crossContext="true"
>>                                         reloadable="false"
>>                                         workDir="work/Employee">
>
> The path attribute is not allowed here; remove it.  Otherwise, the rest of the above
is probably ok, depending on the value of appBase in the <Host> element of server.xml.

Where can I mention the path.my URLs are
http://localhost:8080/Employee/logon.do
http://localhost:8080/Employee/Reports/first.do

> Again, the path attribute is not allowed; remove it.  Note that you may not nest webapps;
try placing the Employee/Reports webapp in /home/bijesh/webapps/EmployeeReports and adjust
docBase appropriately.  I would also suggest making the docBase attributes absolute paths,
since a relative location is not terribly robust.

Thanks for the suggestion, but we are migrating from tomcat 5 to
tomcat 7. Things work fine in tomcat 5. we would like to keep the
application directory structure as is.

I am not able to give absolute path for docBase as I an getting the
message "docBase inside the context is ignored". I think I am getting
this message as docBase directory is inside appBase directory.

Thanks,
Bijesh.