tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bijesh Vijayan <bije...@gmail.com>
Subject nested context issue in tomcat 7
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:38:46 GMT
I have a appBase(/home/bijesh/webapps/) outside by CATALINA_BASE(same
as CATALINA_HOME - /home/bijesh/tomcat).
I have 2 context files, one

file name = CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/localhost/Employee.xml
                               <Context path="/Employee"
                                        docBase="./Employee"
                                        crossContext="true"
                                        reloadable="false"
                                        workDir="work/Employee">

file name = CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/localhost/Employee#Reports.xml
                               <Context path="/Employee/Reports"
                                        docBase="./Employee/Reports"
                                        crossContext="true"
                                        reloadable="false"
                                        workDir="work/Employee/Reports">

But tomcat is not looking at docBase(as docBase is given inside
appBase, if the docBase is inside appBase, it will look for file
name), it is looking at direcotry
/home/bijesh/webapps/Employee(this is working fine) and
/home/bijesh/webapps/Employee#Reports(this is not working).

I have named the file as per tomcat documentation -
Please let me know how I can load the second context. I want to keep I
do not want to change by appBase in server.xml.