tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Todd <andrew.todd...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat JDBC Connection Pool, Tomcat 7, and Maven?
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 21:12:26 GMT
Hi,

So I'm working on a Maven-based project in which I would like to use
the Tomcat JDBC connection pool. I've noticed that with Tomcat 7, the
documentation has now moved into the official Tomcat docs
(https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/jdbc-pool.html).

However, I'm wondering a few things:

1) Since the documentation provides information on using it
standalone, is it available as a Maven artifact? I've seen

 http://ebr.springsource.com/repository/app/bundle/detail?name=com.springsource.org.apache.tomcat.jdbc

but I'm wondering if there's any relationship between that and what's
available through the Tomcat releases at

http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tomcat/

as I'd much rather pull from your repository. Is it related to tomcat-dbcp?

2) I'm assuming that JDBC Pool is available in the Tomcat tarball.
Just want to make sure.

Thanks.