tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rosenberg ...@tabbysplace.org>
Subject Parallel Deployment & Sessions: What am I Missing?
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 20:56:35 GMT
Following up on my post the other day ... I figured out a clean way to
generate a Catalog##~~~.war Grails app that just yields an outage
page.

Today I deployed & tested & sessions are not behaving as I expected.
Here's what I have

1) Deployed Catalog##0002.war.& started.
2) Access app (/Catalog) & start a session (confirmed in Tomcat Manager).
3) Deploy Catalog##~~~.war & started.
4) Access app again (/Catalog).  I immediately get the outage page.
5) Stop Catalog##~~~.
5) Access /Catalog.  Session is back.

I was expecting to see the original app, not an outage page.  I
checked in Manager & it shows 1 session associated with Catalog##0002
and none with Catalog##~~~, as expected.

Am I confused as to what should be happening?

--
Jonathan Rosenberg
Founder & Executive Director