tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexandre Terrasson <alexandre.terras...@gmail.com>
Subject Different behavior between Tomcat service installation & Tomcat console mode
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 06:23:46 GMT
Hi guys,
here my problem :

I have a web application that use a Jdbc driver/connection to connect to a
proprietary application.
I did my developments and tests on a Tomcat 6.0.32 with scripts startup
(startup.bat) and all works fine. But when I tried to test the web app on
the production server where a Tomcat 6.0.32 is installed as a service, it
don't work ....

I don't get a ClassNotFoundException, the class of the driver is well
configured, but I don't know, may be not really well loaded.

What intrigate me is why the two ways of using Tomcat has not the same
behavior ? And how to acquieve that the service mode having the same way of
working as the script ways (console mode) ?
I tend to say that could be a problem of classpath but don't really know ...

I'm working on Windows 7 x64 or Windows Server 2008 x64 with Apache Tomcat
x86 in Service mode or scripts mode (console mode). I have no "classpath"
environment variable, and use a Jdk 1.6.0_19.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks :)

Alex.