tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chema <demablo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How does it get the URL forwarded to realm ?
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 09:43:52 GMT

> Why? What problem are you trying to solve?

Well, I'm invoking j_security_check with an asynchronous RPC call.
If I use a HTML form  and action = j_security_check , Tomcat performs
redirection after authenticate user, as you said,

But I need to implement with  an asynchronous RPC call.
So, my idea is load into session user attribute the protected resource
accessed ( http://localhost:8080/myapp/protected/file.properties )

When Tomcat returns to my asynchronous RPC call, I can determinate if
user was authorized or not checking header status code.
And if user was authorized , perform a new call to RedirectService ,
who reads user session attribute
(http://localhost:8080/myapp/protected/file.properties ) and returns
it to browser for redirection.

I know all steps have an additional call to server to perform
redirection, but I'm trying to integrate asynchronous RPC calls from
GWT , with Tomcat's realm

Thanks and regards