tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vickie Troy-McKoy <vtmc...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Multiple Tomcat Instances with Multiple IPs
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 20:12:43 GMT

Thanks for your input; however, the very 1st time I ONLY changed ALL of the Connector ports
to add address="xxx.xx.x.xx".  However, when I tried to access the url, the page could not
be displayed.  I tried accessing it by the IP and the fqn.  Only then, did I start playing
with the Host name and the Server elements.  I am running Tomcat 7.0.14

I did see one inconsistency; /etc/hosts has the new IP address, but it has a typo for the
fqn.  When I did an nslookup, the IP address is there but the name is one letter off.  Since
I am not the Unix sys admin, I do not have access to correct that small change and have put
in a ticket to have that done--separation of duties.  Could that possibly be the reason why
I am getting the page could not be displayed--even though I'm trying to access it by the IP
address--when the fqn did not work.

Also for the shutdown port, should I use a different port #--since I have 2 tomcat instances
installed and it only listens on the 127.0.0.1.?

Thank you,

_______________________________________
Regards,

> From: Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 14:43:33 -0500
> Subject: RE: Multiple Tomcat Instances with Multiple IPs
>
> > From: Vickie Troy-McKoy [mailto:vtmckoy@hotmail.com]
> > Subject: Multiple Tomcat Instances with Multiple IPs
>
> > Instead of running it on different ports, we decided to run it
> > on a different IP address.
>
> Each Tomcat must still have a unique shutdown port configured in its <Server> element.
>
> > In server.xml, I added the "address=xxx.xx.x.xx" parameter for all the ports.
>
> That's not correct; the address attribute can only be used on <Connector> elements,
not the <Server> element. Also, it it had better be address="xxx.xx.x.xx", not "address=xxx.xx.x.xx".