tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vickie Troy-McKoy <vtmc...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Multiple Tomcat Instances with Multiple IPs
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 20:49:40 GMT

It definitely started up clean; and I see why.  The existing instance is using port 9005 on
the shutdown connector.  So, everything is coming up clean--no errors in the logs.  The only
change I made was adding the address element to the Connectors.  I am using port 8005 in the
2nd instance because the 1st instance is using 9005.  When I put in the DNS name or the IP
address of the newly defined interface with the correct port in the browser, I get "page can
not be displayed".
 _______________________________________
Regards,

> From: Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 15:22:44 -0500
> Subject: RE: Multiple Tomcat Instances with Multiple IPs
>
> > From: Vickie Troy-McKoy [mailto:vtmckoy@hotmail.com]
> > Subject: RE: Multiple Tomcat Instances with Multiple IPs
>
> > the very 1st time I ONLY changed ALL of the Connector ports
> > to add address="xxx.xx.x.xx".
>
> Since you didn't change the shutdown port on the second Tomcat instance, it would not
have started properly; you should be able to see that in the logs. Also, since you have configured
Tomcat to use a specific IP address, you must use that IP address (or its DNS equivalent)
from any client you want to access that Tomcat - even if the client is on the same machine
as Tomcat.

> > /etc/hosts has the new IP address, but it has a typo for the fqn.
>
> That shouldn't matter, unless your client is running on the machine with the incorrect
/etc/hosts *and* you use the what the DNS name should be. Tomcat itself doesn't care what's
in /etc/hosts, only DNS lookup does.