tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vickie Troy-McKoy <vtmc...@hotmail.com>
Subject Multiple Tomcat Instances with Multiple IPs
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 19:36:08 GMT

Hi,
I installed a 2nd tomcat instance.  Instead of running it on different ports, we decided to
run it on a different IP address.  The IP address has been defined to the server and I made
changes to server.xml; however, the page is not being displayed when I attempt to access the
new tomcat server url.  In server.xml, I added the “address=xxx.xx.x.xx” parameter for
all the ports.  Also, I played with the “Host name” parameter—putting in the fqn DNS
name and tried the IP address  there.   Also, I tried adding “address=xxx.xx.x.xx” for
the Server shutdown port.

Tomcat comes up; but, I do see 2 warning messages for ports 8080 and 8009:

WARNING: Unknown default host [localhost] for connector [Connector[HTTP/1.1-8080]]
WARNING: Unknown default host [localhost] for connector [Connector[AJP/1.3-8009]]

I changed the "Host name" to point to the fully-qualified DNS name; I received the same message
but in place of [localhost], the IP address was there.

Do anyone know what else needs to be changed in order to successfully access a 2nd tomcat
instance running on a 2nd IP address?
Thank you,
Regards,