tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bob DeRemer <bob.dere...@thingworx.com>
Subject RE: HOW TO: re-deploy or undeploy a webapp when additional files are added after initial deployment
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 19:32:55 GMT
Thanks, but I need to do this in a production environment, where we're deploying/re-deploying
a WAR and there is no eclipse IDE.  In addition, I am dynamically adding extensions to our
webapp without having to restart our webapp, which is what republishing from Eclipse does.

-bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Chema [mailto:demablogia@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2011 3:02 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: HOW TO: re-deploy or undeploy a webapp when additional files are added after
initial deployment

> If anyone has any suggestions on how we can add files into the exploded webapp structure
and still perform undeploy/re-deploy of our webapp, I would greatly appreciate it.  Or, if
there's a way to tell tomcat to completely remove the directory - regardless of additional
files/directories, that would probably work, too.

Eclipse Hellios' plugins to deploy web applications work fine for me.
You can try Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers.

When I change any file deployed , it's automatically republished. And you can clean work folders
from IDE.