tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sudeep Pradhan <pradh...@vmware.com>
Subject CometFilter getAuthType() returns null
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 18:20:26 GMT
Hi,

I am using Tomcat 6.0.33. I have a CometProcessor Servlet and CometFilter. I use curl as http
client and send username/password with basic authentication. The curl trace shows that the
authentication type is basic. I have HTTPS in place. I try to get the AuthType and Principal
in CometFilter but both are null.  I have the following code in place:

                                HttpServletRequest request = event.getHttpServletRequest();
                                HttpServletResponse response = event.getHttpServletResponse();

                                System.out.println("Auth Type : " + request.getAuthType());
                                System.out.println("User Principal: " + request.getUserPrincipal());

Can you tell me what needs to be done in order to get this working?

Thanks,
Sudeep