tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sudeep Pradhan <pradh...@vmware.com>
Subject RE: Tomocat 6.0.20 Comet END Event *NOT RAISED* when connection is terminated
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 18:47:29 GMT
Stale as in, It gives me response which was suppose to be given for the previous request (it
gives me xml(previous) response instead of json(current)). I am not seeing this behavior for
HTTP. It occurs only for HTTPS.

*Though the problem of END event not being raise still happens for HTTP even with Tomcat 6.0.32.*

Is this a bug?

Thanks,
Sudeep

-----Original Message-----
From: Pid [mailto:pid@pidster.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2011 2:00 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomocat 6.0.20 Comet END Event *NOT RAISED* when connection is terminated

On 29/07/2011 18:33, Sudeep Pradhan wrote:
> Pid,
>
> I tried Tomcat 6.0.32.. no luck yet. Even ERROR event is not raised.

Can you provide a simple example which exhibits this behaviour?

> Also, I am seeing something weird (may not be related to this problem, but think its
worth mentioning). I am seeing stale response on a new connection from curl. I validated this
by changing the Accept Header from application/xml to application/json, I get 1 response in
xml format and then the connection hangs. Then I do a Ctrl-C and re-try with json. I get the
json response. Are the request response object not recycled properly? What can be the possible
reason for this?

What is stale?

Take a thread dump when it hangs to see what the app is doing.

> Thanks,
> Sudeep

client. I have SSL enabled on the server. I use *curl* as the http client. I get streaming
events on the console. But when I do a Ctrl-C on the console there no End event is raised
and hence the connection is not cleaned up (I have connection registry for keeping track of
clients).  What can be the explanation for this scenario?