tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Diep, David (OCTO-Contractor)" <David.D...@dc.gov>
Subject RE: Tomcat 6 getting error when trying to specify keystore
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 20:27:32 GMT
Hi Charles,

Thank you for responding... I think I may have cut from the wrong part of the log file. I
checked my server.xml file and I restarted Apache.  This is the result:

Aug 18, 2011 4:26:02 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
SEVERE: Catalina.start:
LifecycleException:  service.getName(): "Catalina";  Protocol handler start failed: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\cert\keystore.jks (The system cannot
find the path specified)
 at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.start(Connector.java:1094)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:534)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:581)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:289)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:414)
Aug 18, 2011 4:26:02 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 1167 ms

And this is the connector definition in the server.xml:

    <Connector port="80" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
               redirectPort="443" />

    <!-- SSL Connector on Port 443 -->

    <Connector port="443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
               keystoreFile="/cert/keystore.jks" keystorePass="changeit"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />

Sure it enough, what the log is reading is exactly where the keystore is.

Its almost as if it can't read it?  Or doesn't know how to read it?  I thought that .jks was
a supported format?

"One City Summer Fun ... Something for Everyone"
Mayor Gray's comprehensive summer program with fun activities, events and services for residents
of all ages
For more information visit www.onecitysummer.dc.gov  or call 311