tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chen Paz <Chen....@expand.com>
Subject RE: j_security_check and RequestDispatcher forward
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 13:54:47 GMT
Filter is not possible. AFAIK you can not use filter before j_security_check in Tomcat...

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 4:50 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: j_security_check and RequestDispatcher forward

> From: Chen Paz [mailto:Chen.Paz@expand.com]
> Subject: j_security_check and RequestDispatcher forward

> I am using a servlet to intercept form based authentication in order
> to insert attribute into the request and then to redirect the request
> to j_security_check using RequestDispatcher.

I wouldn't expect that to work, due to the special handling requirements of j_security_check,
in particular that the container remember the original request of the protected resource and
replay it automatically when authentication is successful.

What you might want to try is a filter rather than a servlet, and have the filter modify the
j_security_check request when it comes through.  (Not completely sure that's possible, either.)
 Another option is to use a ServletRequestListener to manipulate requests as needed.

 - Chuck