tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Janner <Jeffrey.Jan...@PolyDyne.com>
Subject RE: Urgent: Tomcat 6.0.20 on Solaris 10 Reaches max threads and is non responsive
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 15:06:21 GMT
Dante -
Take a real close look at the application running in Tomcat.
I've had similar issues where Tomcat was suddenly using all configured request threads, but
they were all waiting on something else to happen.
I found the problem to be a minor defect with the DB pooling code from the DB vendor that
sometimes causes the pool to hang.  The vendor had a fix that solved the problem, for the
most part.
It took some serious scouring of the threads using jconsole to see where the problem really
was. Following the waiting tree really helped identify it.  It could very well be a defect
in the code running under Tomcat, and not Tomcat's code.

Confidentiality Notice:  This Transmission (including any attachments) may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination,

If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender or
telephone (512) 343-9100 and delete this transmission from your system.