tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jagadish Raj R <Jagadish_Ra...@symantec.com>
Subject RE: Ajp13Processor threads are not getting closed.
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 14:09:34 GMT
Thanks. I made connection Pool parameters as per documentation.

What I am looking for is that whether there is any chance we can close the Ajp13Processor
threads in Tomcat Server if they are no longer needed, or after a particular time. Whenever
I hit the URL on the browser a new thread is getting created and sooner or later it reaches
the threshold. Eventually I'll have to restart the server.

-----Original Message-----
From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 12:50 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Ajp13Processor threads are not getting closed.

Well then..

Jagadish Raj R wrote:
> Hi Andre,
>
> Here are the results.
>
> Compiled in modules:
>   core.c

this :
>   prefork.c

means that your front-end Apache httpd server is running in "prefork" mode.
And what do the parts in red say in the link I sent you before ?

>   http_core.c
>   mod_so.c
>

> KeepAlive On
> MaxKeepAliveRequests 100

And this :

> KeepAliveTimeout 15

means that any time a browser makes a connectionm to the server, sends a few requests on
that connection, and then does not send anything anymore, the server will keep "listening"

anyway for up to 15 seconds after the last request, just in case the browser /would/ send

another request on that connection.
And during that same time, one connection from Apache httpd to Tomcat will be kept
waiting, and one thread in Tomcat will be kept waiting, for the same reason.
You would probably improve the responsiveness of your server in general, by reducing this

to 3 for example.

> Thanks & Regards,
> JAGADISH RAJ R

of tomcat as long as it's listening on the AJP connector.

is this problem fixed in higher Tomcat versions. Can I do the same in lower version of Tomcat.

>> (As of now, I don't have a choice of upgrading Tomcat as this requires upgrade of
TIBCO Administrator which is built on top of Tomcat)

7, Magarpatta SEZ, Magarpatta city, Pune-411013| Mobile: +91 9011047954| Email: jagadish_raj_r@symantec.com

I have set up a maxProcessors="75" in connector settings. Whenever a user creates a connection
an Ajp13Processor connection thread is created. My problem is this thread does not get terminated
even after the user close the session. Please help me in finding some configuration changes
that will allow me to close these sessions/threads after a certain timeout value.

>> I am pasting below the configurations I am using.
>>
>> <!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
>>         <Connector className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Connector" port="8089"
minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75" acceptCount="10" connectionTimeout="60000" debug="0"/>

>> Workers.properties file:-
>>
>> worker.list=ajp13
>> worker.ajp13.port=xxxx
>> worker.ajp13.host=hostname
>> worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
>> worker.ajp13.connection_pool_size=75
>> worker.ajp13.connection_pool_minsize=15
>> worker.ajp13.connection_pool_timeout=60
>>

>> Logs from thread dump of tomcat process:-
>>
>> "Ajp13Processor[xxxx][7]" daemon prio=10 tid=0x0166c038 nid=0xe0 in Object.wait()
[0xa64ff000..0xa64ffa28]

7, Magarpatta SEZ, Magarpatta city, Pune-411013| Mobile: +91 9011047954| Email: jagadish_raj_r@symantec.com<mailto:jagadish_raj_r@symantec.com>

>> The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the use
of the addressee only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient,
please do not read, copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment. Please
also notify the sender by replying to this email or by telephone (+44 (0)20 7896 0011) and
then delete the email and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc) that do not relate
to the official business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed
by it. IG Group Holdings plc is a company registered in England and Wales under number 01190902.
VAT registration number 761 2978 07. Registered Office: Cannon Bridge House, 25 Dowgate Hill,
London EC4R 2YA. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. FSA Register
number 114059.