tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jagadish Raj R <Jagadish_Ra...@symantec.com>
Subject RE: Ajp13Processor threads are not getting closed.
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 14:16:07 GMT
Hi Andre,

Here are the results.

Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  prefork.c
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c

KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 15

Thanks & Regards,
JAGADISH RAJ R

-----Original Message-----
From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 4:48 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Ajp13Processor threads are not getting closed.

To the original poster Jagadish Raj :

Maybe let's restart from the beginning.

First, re-read this page of the online documentation for the mod_jk connector :
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html
Particularly, next to the connection_pool* parameters, the items in red.

Considering that, what is the MPM used on your Apache httpd server ?
(you can see this by running "/usr/sbin/apache2 -l" or "httpd -l"; list the result here).
(This is to find out if your httpd server is running in "prefork" mode or one of the
multi-threading modes.)

Then, what are the httpd settings for "KeepAlive" ?
(KeepAlive and KeepAliveTimeout). This is usually in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf.

Edward Quick wrote:
> mod_jk is not Tomcat so I'm not sure you need to worry about running an older version
of tomcat as long as it's listening on the AJP connector.

this problem fixed in higher Tomcat versions. Can I do the same in lower version of Tomcat.

> (As of now, I don't have a choice of upgrading Tomcat as this requires upgrade of TIBCO
Administrator which is built on top of Tomcat)

7, Magarpatta SEZ, Magarpatta city, Pune-411013| Mobile: +91 9011047954| Email: jagadish_raj_r@symantec.com

I have set up a maxProcessors="75" in connector settings. Whenever a user creates a connection
an Ajp13Processor connection thread is created. My problem is this thread does not get terminated
even after the user close the session. Please help me in finding some configuration changes
that will allow me to close these sessions/threads after a certain timeout value.

> I am pasting below the configurations I am using.
>
> <!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
>         <Connector className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Connector" port="8089" minProcessors="5"
maxProcessors="75" acceptCount="10" connectionTimeout="60000" debug="0"/>

7, Magarpatta SEZ, Magarpatta city, Pune-411013| Mobile: +91 9011047954| Email: jagadish_raj_r@symantec.com<mailto:jagadish_raj_r@symantec.com>

> The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the use of the
addressee only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient, please
do not read, copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment. Please also notify
the sender by replying to this email or by telephone (+44 (0)20 7896 0011) and then delete
the email and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc) that do not relate to the official
business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. IG Group
Holdings plc is a company registered in England and Wales under number 01190902. VAT registration
number 761 2978 07. Registered Office: Cannon Bridge House, 25 Dowgate Hill, London EC4R 2YA.
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. FSA Register number 114059.