tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nadav Katz <nadav.k...@oracle.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat not conforming to Servlet spec 2.4+ in regards to jsp:include
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 09:34:48 GMT
I apologize for wasting everyone's time. Tomcat was working fine, it's just that the applet
requested the exact same servlet at the exact same time. This is why I saw two different Request
objects and why the filter intercepted the request. Since I didn't notice that this happened,
I confused the two... Thanks a lot for your help, hope to return the favour sometime

-----Original Message-----
From: Konstantin Kolinko [mailto:knst.kolinko@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2011 10:47 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat not conforming to Servlet spec 2.4+ in regards to jsp:include

2011/8/8 Nadav Katz <nadav.katz@oracle.com>:
> Thank you for your answer, it hadn't occurred to me to try removing the jsp mapping.
Unfortunately it doesn't work...I removed it, and behavior stays the same. I tried setting
the STRICT_SERVLET_COMPLIANCE=true (hoping the strict request wrapping rules would help),
but no go.
> This problem is a real headache for me, since with no solution I will need to redesign
everything or break all our dynamic includes which I definitely can't do.

1. Your exact Tomcat version =?
2. You may try to debug it (->FAQ).  Or just print a stacktrace from
inside the filter to look where it is called from.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko