tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: TC on Windows Server Core
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 21:01:39 GMT
David kerber wrote:
> Will TC run on a Windows Server Core installation?  For those of you not
> familiar with that term, it's a windows server installation with no GUI,
> and minimal other pieces.  The idea is a reduced disk, memory and cpu
> footprint (rather Unix/Linux like).
One might be forgiven if one were to wonder why one would then not use a perfectly
serviceable minimal Linux base then, no ?
Once you take away the GUI, what is left that is so compelling about Windows Server ?

And just by curiosity, what would be this resulting footprint then, as compared to a
normal Windows Server ? (a link to some unbiased info would satisfy my curiosity too; what

I could find about it on MSDN is not very explicit).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message