tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6.0.26 bundled with Netbeans 6.9.1
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 08:44:59 GMT
Ana Maria Teodorescu wrote:
>    Dear Tomcat users and experts,
>
> I downloaded Netbeans 6.9.1 including Apache Tomcat on my Mac snow leopard.
> When I go to the page http://localhost:8080/ the message that I've setup
> correctly Tomcat appears. But, if I click on the following links:
> 1)Tomcat documentation ( http://localhost:8080/docs )
> 2) Servlet examples ( http://localhost:8080/examples/servlets/)
> 3) JSP examples ( http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/ )
>
> I get the error 404:  *The requested resource (/examples/jsp/, etc) is not
> available*
> *
> *
> I've spent a whole day trying to understand how to fix the problem but with
> no success.
> There are no other options I can choose from during the Netbeans
> installation. Tomcat
> is configured automatically and I don't know where to put my hands on.

The above probably means that whatever package "Netbeans 6.9.1 including Apache Tomcat"
you are using to install Tomcat, includes just the basic Tomcat and does not include these

additional "sample" applications.
Maybe consult your package manager software and look for the missing Tomcat-related packages.
I do not know Mac at all, but under Linux Debian for example, there used to be one package

named "Tomcat", another one named "tomcat-examples", and another one named "tomcat-admin".

Or else, depending on your circumstances, de-install this "Netbeans + Tomcat" package,
download and install a "real Tomcat" from the Tomcat website, and then re-install a
"Netbeans without Tomcat" package from your package source.