tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Sticky Session Not Working With Apache 2.0.54 and Tomcat 7.0.8
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 20:01:06 GMT
On 15.08.2011 21:20, Pid wrote:
> On 15/08/2011 19:09, Lataxes, Karl wrote:
>> I wrote the code to generate the session id and add it as an HTTP header at the recommendation
of someone on the users list.  The problem now is appending the jvmroute to the generated
session id in order to get session stickiness to work.  If there were some way for the servlet
to retrieve the jvmRoute from server.xml, I could append it to the session id and get it to
work.  I have been looking online for a solution, but have been unable to find one.

> Try using JMX.
>
> Look up the appropriate object (there are clues in the source of the
> Manager app) and then retrieve the value of the appropriate attribute.
>
> I would experiment with setting this value in the servlet.init() method.

Or, since you don't really need a jvmRoute but just something to add to
the session id which is known by mod_jk, you can set a system property
"-DjvmRoute=tomcat7A" etc.

Then retrieve the value as a system property and add it to the session
id, separated with a dot.

Regards,

Rainer