tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Sticky Session Not Working With Apache 2.0.54 and Tomcat 7.0.8
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2011 12:10:40 GMT
On 12.08.2011 15:30, Lataxes, Karl wrote:
> The jvmRoute's for both server.xmls are properly set to the worker names and are not
commented out.  This was the first thing I verified.

>     <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost" jvmRoute="tomcat7A">
>     <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost" jvmRoute="tomcat7C">
>
> Here are the settings in workers.properties (worker tomcat7A identical to tomcat7C except
for port, since both are running on the same server for testing.  In production, we will probably
install them on separate boxes):

> worker.list=loadbalancer,jkstatus
> worker.tomcat7C.type=ajp13
> worker.tomcat7C.host=<host_name>
> worker.tomcat7C.port=4931
> worker.tomcat7C.lbfactor=1
> worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
> worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=tomcat7A,tomcat7C
> worker.loadbalancer.sticky_session=1
> worker.jkstatus.type=status

OK

> Here are the JkMount settings in mod_jk.conf:
>
> JkMount /jkmanager/* jkstatus
> JkMount / servlet/* loadbalancer

I hope the space before "servlet" is a copy and paste error and not in
the original config ...

> Load balancing is working, but subsequent requests from a single client are being routed
to the other Tomcat instance despite sticky_session being set to 1.

OK, then maybe your cookie header is not OK. To debug:

- Add %{Cookie}i to the LogFormat you are using in Apache. It will log
all cookies. Check the values.

- Add %{JSESSIONID}C to the same LogFormat. It will log the value of the
JSESSIONID cookie found by the web server. Check the values.

- Optional: Add %{Set-Cookie}o to the same LogFormat. It will log the
setting of the cookie (sending a cookie from the server to the client).
Probably of no use for you, since you seem to parse that info in some
other way.

- Increase log level of mod_jk to debug or even trace (not in
production) and look at the log lines written when your client sends a
request, which isn't handled sticky.

Regards,

Rainer