tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: nested context issue in tomcat 7
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:51:57 GMT
Bijesh Vijayan wrote:

> file name = CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/localhost/Employee.xml
>                                <Context path="/Employee"
>                                         docBase="./Employee"

Hi.
I find this docBase "suspicious", in the sense that it is (I think ) an absolute path
specification, based on "." which usually means "the current directory".
If that interpretation is correct, it would mean that docBase is "wherever Tomcat happens

to be running now" + a subdirectory "Employee".
Is that what you mean here ?