tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Sticky Session Not Working With Apache 2.0.54 and Tomcat 7.0.8
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 08:17:06 GMT
On 11.08.2011 15:32, Lataxes, Karl wrote:
> OK, I'm getting close.  On the server side, I'm adding a "Set-Cookie" header containing
the session id I want to use.  The client emulator I am using has similarly been modified
to add a "Cookie" header with the session id sent by the server, but sticky sessions are still
not working.  In the mod_jk log, there is a "searching worker for partial sessionid" reference
that contains the correct session id, but ".<worker>" was not appended.  In my workers.properties
file, "sticky_session" is set to 1.  The "jvmRoute" parameters in my respective Tomcat server.xml
files are set to the workers identified in the workers.properties file as well.   What do
I have to do to append ".<worker>" to the outgoing session id?

When Tomcat sets a session cookie, and you correctly set the jvmRoute in
server.xml, it automatically adds the value of jvmRoute to the end of
the session id, separated with a dot.

Make sure you did not set the jvmRoute in some line in server.xml that
is cmmented out.

To make stickyness with mod_jk happen, the jvmRoute used for Tomcat
should be equal to the name of the worker pointing to the Tomcat
instance. Finally you add all those workers to a load balancer worker in
mod_jk and JkMount the URLs to the load balancer worker.

Regards,

Rainer