tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michał Wróbel <michal.wro...@evolpe.pl>
Subject Tomcat 6 creating Swing GUI under Windows 7 64bit
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 14:20:37 GMT

------ Wiadomość oryginalna ------
Temat: 	Tomcat 6 creating Swing GUI under Windows 7 64bit
Data: 	Thu, 11 Aug 2011 16:18:29 +0200
Nadawca: 	Michał Wróbel <michal.wrobel@evolpe.pl>
Adresat: 	users@tomcat.apache.org

  Hi,

I am currently struggling with a following problem:

The system I use (Alfresco) provides a serverside javascript debugger.
It's a Swing based window. I managed to run it under linux (when tomcat
runs in X11 user session, although I can't find the way to display the
same GUI when tomcat runs in Windows 7 64 bit.

I tried following approaches:
- Ticking 'Allow service to interact with desktop'
Results only in:
     at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2$1.call(Win32ShellFolder2.java:230)
     at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2$1.call(Win32ShellFolder2.java:225)
     at
     at
     at
sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolderManager2$ComInvoker$3.run(Win32ShellFolderManager2.java:480)
     ... 1 more

No effect on 'service interaction screen'

- Providing logon details for my own  windows account ( same effect as
above )

- Running from catalina.bat
catalina start
with, and without jawa.awt.headless=false

Results in headless exception:
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
aused by: java.awt.HeadlessException
at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.checkHGadlGss(GraphicsEnvironment.java:1
at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:432)
at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:403)
at javax.swing.JFrame.cinit>(3Frame.java:202)
at org.mozilla.javascript.tools.debugger.SwingGui.cinit>(SwingGui.java:1

I've read about a successful attempt under   Windows 7 32-bit

So... do you know is it anyhow possible to run tomcat with Swing GUI
under Win7 64-bit or is it a system limitation...? It's eaten 2 days and
I'm starting to be a little despaired.

thx from advance