tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: AW: Multiple Tomcat Servers connect to IIS
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:30:24 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:

> Alexander,
>
> On 8/10/2011 8:12 AM, Alexander Diedler wrote:
>> my uriworkermap.properties /manager=worker1
>
> Mapped /manager
>
>> /manager/*=worker1 /docs=worker1 /*=worker1 /go/*=worker1
>> /go=worker1 /show/*=worker1
>>
>> # Mapping all URI which end with a common suffix: *.jsp=worker1
>>

>> /manager=worker2
>
> Re-mapped /manager
>
> This re-mapping appears to happen for all URIs.
>
> I've never worked with IIS -- can you specify a uriworkermap.properties
> for each virtual host? I think that's what you want to do, but it looks
> like you're configured everything in a single set of files, here.

Read the docs...
;-)

It appears that for IIS and isapi_redirect (and differently from Apache+mod_jk), there is

only one uriworkermap.properties files, being used for all the IIS "virtual hosts" (and
its single path is in the Registry under a single key).
However, in the (single) uriworkermap.properties, there is a way to specify the hostname,

in addition to the URI being proxied.
So you can actually have things like :

/serverA.company.com/app1/*=tomcat1

/serverB.company.com/app1/*=tomcat2

I never tried it, but according to Alexander it works and solves his problem.