tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: URL rewrite
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 16:49:53 GMT
Mohit Anchlia wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 1:30 AM, Pid <> wrote:
>> On 08/08/2011 20:36, Mohit Anchlia wrote:
>>> I need to re-write URL using some Http Headers. Can I use any headers?
>>> Or only the one listed here?
>>> Is HTTP_HOST always set? I printed headers of my servlet and this is
>>> what I see. I used getHeaders and iterate over it:
>> Is this a Tomcat or an HTTPD question?
> tomcat. As I understand tomcat support URL Rewriting similar to mod_rewrite.

No. Strictly speaking, it does not.
You can write code yourself to do that, the tools exist in Tomcat.
Or you can use external software add-ons, like at, to do that.
But this is not Tomcat code.

mod_rewrite on the other hand, is a module that is integral to Apache httpd (which is not

Tomcat).  And you should understand this pretty well, considering the URL
to which you refer above.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message