tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Servlet Request URL
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 06:17:31 GMT
Mohit Anchlia wrote:
> I need to intercept a request in the servlet and send the request
> after some processing as a proxy. Currently when I do that it breaks
> OAuth since customer uses REQUEST URL to sign the request and since
> host part of the URL is changing it breaks that validation. Is there a
> way I can keep the same host name as original and still be able to
> send HTTP post request to another servlet?
>
> I tried RewriteRule but it doesn't work. Not sure what's going on
> since I am not sure how to debug with tomcat. I tried ^/(.*)
> http://localhost/$1 [PT] but for some reason it just gets lost. I am
> in a fix since I can't use [R] or [P] because it causes 301 instead.
> All I need to do is be able to keep the same host name so that when it
> gets to the destination servlet from interceptor it passed OAuth.

Mohit,
you are on the wrong list.  Your questions refer to Apache httpd, which is a different
program (and user support list) as Tomcat.

However, inasmuch as I understand what you are trying to say above, I believe that you'd
be better off doing the user authentication at the Apache httpd level before forwarding to

Tomcat, and use the 'tomcatAuthentication="false"' attribute of the Connector,