tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Log ownership when running Tomcat using jsvc
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 06:48:57 GMT
On 08/05/2011 04:46 AM, Jorge Medina wrote:
> Right, I can't understand why the JULI files are owned by root.
> any ideas?

Hmm, seems like JULI creates log files before we call
the org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap

On Solaris user is switched just before we call Bootstrap
so any files created before that will still be owned by
root. If JULI uses some static init it might be the reason.
If you have access to Linux box, try there and this shouldn't
happen cause we switch user on Linux before loading JVM and
drop capabilities at the time we drop user on Solaris (non Linux)

Regards
--
^TM