tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dante Bell <DantePasqu...@cocoanet.us>
Subject Re: Tomcat not releasing threads on Solaris 10
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 14:31:07 GMT
I do have a stack dump, but don't have enough experience to understand
it. Seems that all threads are waiting:

> java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (on object monitor)

Size of compressed stack dump is 20k. Is that OK to attach so someone
can help look at it?

Danté

On 08/03/2011 08:44 AM, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Dante Bell [mailto:DantePasquale@cocoanet.us]
>> Subject: Tomcat not releasing threads on Solaris 10
>> In their stress test, tomcat is not killing/reclaiming threads fast
>> enough and eventually (after 3 hours) it runs out of threads
> Tomcat does not create arbitrary, temporary threads, nor does it kill any below the configured
limit in the <Connector> elements.  Odds are this is a webapp problem, failing to manage
threads it creates.  Take a JVM thread dump, and find out just what the threads are.