tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 and Java 7
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 18:48:46 GMT

On 8/1/2011 10:25 AM, Jarnagin.Andrew wrote:
> I want to use Java 7 features in Servlets with Tomcat 7. I have
> tried unsuccessfully to deploy Tomcat 7 with Java 7. I also tried
> compile Tomcat 7 with Java 7 and failed as well. It is likely that I
> am doing something wrong.

Okay, what are you trying and what output are you getting?

> I want to deploy in Windows XP. I haven't found any news confirming
> that this is possible.

Deploying under Windows XP is certainly possible. Installing multiple
side-by-side versions of Sun/Oracle Java is certainly possible as well.
I recommend installing Java 1.6.something and using that with Tomcat
until you are able to get things working with Java 1.7.something.

> I have noticed some entries of startup speeds of Tomcat 7 under Java
> 7. Has anyone successfully deployed Tomcat 7 under Java 7? If so is
> there something I am missing?

See Konstantin's recent post with subject "[WARNING] Index corruption
and crashes in Apache Lucene Core / Apache Solr with Java 7" indicating
that all is not well with Java 7... nothing specific has been found
(yet?) with Tomcat that suggests that it won't work with Java 7. If you
could provide more detail, it would certainly be helpful.

- -chris
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -

To unsubscribe, e-mail: