tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael S├╝dkamp <Michael.Suedk...@docware.de>
Subject Tomcat service blocks all TCP or UDP ports?
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 09:45:31 GMT
Hello,

we have a problem on a customer's server which we never had in many years of working with
Tomcat.
The customer runs a Windows 2008R2 with Tomcat 6.0.29 und Java 1.6.0_20
The situation when the problem occurs is always this:
Our web-apps logs that suddenly the MS SQL Server on the same server cannot be reached anymore
due to a generic network error ("The TCP connection to host localhost port 1433 has failed").
A check on the server showed that the required TCP ports are not accessible via telnet (Ports
for MSSQL, Tomcat AJP, Tomcat shutdown). Even more: also TCP or UDP ports which haven't anything
to do with Tomcat are missing (ports e.g. for "lsass" "ntp"). "netstat" shows only two entries
in high port region while normally on any system you get a longer list.
After a restart of Tomcat service everything works again and all ports are back in netstat.

Do you have any idea what can cause such a behaviour?

Best regards

Michael