tomcat-users mailing list archives

From exquisite <gautam_exquis...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cannot make war file as default app
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 08:32:15 GMT
Hi Mark,

I tried that way as well but i get the same issue. Tomcat does not even deploy my war. All
it says on console is ' Server startup in xxx ms" and stays there forever.

Im getting confused and wondering if there is any mistake in the Tomcat documentation.

Please suggest.

thanks

________________________________
From: Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2011 1:19 AM
Subject: Re: Cannot make war file as default app

On 12/08/2011 09:04, exquisite wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I followed the below steps from Tomcat Wiki for making my war file as the default webapp,
but tomcat is not deploying my war:

> How do I make my web application be the Tomcat default application?
>
> Method 2.2
> If you really know what you are doing..

Sigh.

> - leave your war file in CATALINA_BASE/webapps, under its original name
> - turn off autoDeploy and deployOnStartup in your Host element in the server.xml file.
> - explicitly define all application Contexts in
> server.xml, specifying both path and docBase. You must do this, because
> you have disabled all the Tomcat auto-deploy mechanisms, and Tomcat will not deploy your
applications anymore unless it finds their Context in
> the server.xml.
>
> I did exactly like they said in WIKI (autoDeploy=false, deployOnStartup=false) , but
after doing all this, Tomcat does not even deploy my war file. here is my host configuration
in server.xml after my changes:

> <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
>             unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="false" deployOnStartup="false"
>             xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
>
>         <Context path="" docBase="myapp"/>

You claim to be deploying a WAR file so I'd expect to see
docBase="myapp.war"

Mark