tomcat-users mailing list archives

From exquisite <gautam_exquis...@yahoo.com>
Subject Cannot make war file as default app
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 08:04:45 GMT
Hello,

I followed the below steps from Tomcat Wiki for making my war file as the default webapp,
but tomcat is not deploying my war:

How do I make my web application be the Tomcat default application?

Method 2.2
If you really know what you are doing.. - leave your war file in CATALINA_BASE/webapps, under
its original name
- turn off autoDeploy and deployOnStartup in your Host element in the server.xml file.
- explicitly define all application Contexts in
server.xml, specifying both path and docBase. You must do this, because
you have disabled all the Tomcat auto-deploy mechanisms, and Tomcat will not deploy your applications
anymore unless it finds their Context in
the server.xml.

I did exactly like they said in WIKI (autoDeploy=false, deployOnStartup=false) , but after
doing all this, Tomcat does not even deploy my war file. here is my host configuration in
server.xml after my changes:

<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="false" deployOnStartup="false"

        <Context path="" docBase="myapp"/>
 </Host>

I have a war and i wanted to deploy it as war (did not want to follow other methods about
renaming to ROOT.war or creating ROOT.xml etc) and wanted to make my web app as the default
application.

Please help me with this.

thanks in advance
-G